Monday 4 May 2009

Coh. II Gallorum Eq.

Hi, this is the latest unit to join my legions; the 2nd Cohort of Gallic auxiliary infantry, originally raised in Lugdunum (Lyon) during the reign of Augustus. The unit served for part of its life in the Roman army in lower Germania, fought in the 69AD civil war, and later ended up in Britannia. The unit still lacks its mounted component (6 cavalrymen), which I'll have to sort out later.

I bought these minis, painted, on eBay, and then substantially repainted and rebased them. They are all Black Tree figures; I think that the BTD Auxilia are really nicely sculpted. If you like these, you might like to see my other (Foundry) Auxiliary Cohort:- http://bigredbat.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2009-01-22T07%3A57%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=7

2 comments:

Secundus said...

A nice looking unit, I love the guys in cloaks, they have loads more character.

BigRedBat said...

Yes, the cloaks look great, and are so fast to paint! I have a couple of cohorts worth of minis prepped, but I just haven't had time to paint them. I've even done some conversions for variety.