Thursday 6 August 2009

...for a ha'porth of tar

They say "Do not spoil the SHIP for a ha'porth of tar."

I'm off on hols at dawn, and was desperately hoping to be able to finish the unit of Aventine Etruscans before I left. Unfortunately, I ran out of Testor's Dullcoat around 4 weeks ago and haven't been able to source more from my supplier, so I've not been able to varnish them (which I always do before basing as it is far easier). So I'll base them in late August.

Here are their shields, which are finished. I've decided to go with a horse motif for the entire legion, and am using some of the excellent LBMS transfers designed to accompany the range; they have a battle damaged look, which I'm quite taken with.

I'll be away for a couple of weeks; happy gaming!

ps Just a second after I posted this, I got an electronic despatch note from my supplier for the Dullcoat!

4 comments:

ZeroTwentythree said...

Enjoy your holiday. I look forward to seeing the Etruscans when you're back. :)

BigRedBat said...

Thanks z23! I see from your blog that you have a lot of painting to do! Catch up later this month.

Secundus said...

Have a great time with the little BRB's, Secundus.

Grégory Privat said...

These are horrible elephants on the shields : they looks like horses ! crap.