Tuesday 1 December 2009

No time to take photos...

...but I have a plan to take lots of pics of another wargame on Thursday night.

I am busy with life in general, but also busy because I've successfully glued 8 of the 9 baseboards for the Zama game together, and finished all the Numidian cavalry that have burdened me this last month.  Huzzah!  Hopefully photos tomorrow.

ps Greg; happily NoMoreNails worked a treat for said gluing; in fact I'd recommend it.  It might be a different formula to the lot that gave you trouble.

3 comments:

RTB said...

Go on then whats the use / secret with "no more nails"?

BigRedBat said...

Hi RTB, well I needed to stick the foam to the beards, securely.

The NoMoreNails did this admirably. I didn't need to apply too much, just a line around the edge of each board, a diagonal cross and a few other swipes.

A possible alternative would have been a PVA glue, but these are very "wet" and would have taken a very long time to dry. The wetness might have warped the boards...

RTB said...

You are a very clever big red bat! You know my artillery bases? They warped (as you pointed out) and I used PVA to fix. May be if I try NMN........I will give it a go as I have a battery to do before X mas.

Can I be an honourary Muswell hill type for my X mas present?