Saturday 9 January 2010

Carthaginian Militia Completed

These are the Carthaginian Levy miniatures that Gloarmy Greg Privat originally painted, and I've gone on to highlight and base.  There are 96 of them here; I've just finished the second 48.  Please click on the image for a better view...



They will form half of the Carthaginian second line in our Zama Project  (and represent only 7% of the total miniatures in the game!).

 

Most of the figures are Crusader, with a few Foundry mixed in for variety. Next, I have 48 Bruttians that Greg has painted to highlight and base...

9 comments:

Caliban said...

Wow, Simon, that looks seriously impressive. Here's hoping they take some legionaries with them when the time comes...

Paul

BigRedBat said...

Hi Paul; the speedbumps? I doubt it!

;-) Simon

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

You two make an excellent team. I particularly like the color selection on these figures and shields. They definitely look 'right' for the period to me.

BigRedBat said...

Thanks Allan; Greg was responsible for the colours. I like his pinks, ochres and mauves. I decided to give some of them blue and white painted helmets, just to break things up a bit.

Consul said...

They look quite a horde!

Where are the tricorn hats and regimental coats?! ;)

Consul.

p.s. i'll email you back later this evening.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Sweet!

As you say a speed-bump but a sweet one worth having ;)

saxon dog said...

Thats how to paint wargames units!! as Paul said...seriously impressive!

ZeroTwentythree said...

The speed at which the two of you put out miniatures is seriously impressive. Especially considering how good they look!

BigRedBat said...

Thanks Z23! I have more to post tomorrow, time permitting...