Sunday 15 August 2010

Batavian Progress

Here are some progress shots of my second Batavian cohort.  I've finished repainting (below) the 15 minis I bought on eBay; they have come out very nicely, indeed, and the fact they were bought painted probably saved me 4 or 5 nights work.  In the background is the first cohort; I judge that the reinforcements are a little better painted.


Below are 9 other miniatures that will add a little variety; Crusader, Blacktree and Foundry.  They should be finished tonight or, more likely, tomorrow.


Iron Mitten is painting some Batavians, too.  His are perhaps a little earlier in period and, judging from the cartoon, will have oodles of character.  I also aspire to doing an earlier cohort along the lines of these; one day...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They've come out really nice Simon.

BigRedBat said...

Thanks Paul. I really like the minis; wish that they had done a few more poses...

Gabriele Campbell said...

They look very nice. Looks like our Batavian friends liked some colour on their shields once they got their hands into the Roman colour pots. :)

I got some figures today as well, though not of my own making, or painting. ;)

DeanM said...

Excellent looking figures - as always. Dean