Saturday 12 February 2011

Conscripted Aventines

I was casting the lead-mountain around for some personality figures for my legion, and I came across some lovely figures from Aventine's Republican range.  Luckily, Roman centurion and the standard-bearer gear didn't change much into the early Imperial era.   I've lightly converted these for what I need, by giving them Foundry standards and green-stuff lion skins, and replaced the centurion's leaf-shaped sword with a pilum.

These are very classy figures which I'm looking forward to painting!

4 comments:

Paul´s Bods said...

Nice little conversions. One thing...the centurion has no sword in his sheath. Mind you...a shield will cover that up..or is that your plan?
Cheers
paul

BigRedBat said...

Paul, well spotted; I didn't think of that! Maybe it's sheathed in a German?

Paul´s Bods said...

I look carefully ;-D
The "sheathed" in a German is a good idea, that´s why he´s picked up the pilum.
Cheers
paul

Counterpane said...

Nice! I like the dynamic pose of the Centurion. Of course the Centurions I model usually come with laser ranging and weapon stabilisation but you're making me consider ancients seriously.