Saturday 5 February 2011

WIP shot

The last 18 minis are almost finished.  Above, I'm in the process of painting the black-primed shields white, ready to take the LBMS transfers.  I'll put a coat of varnish over the white, tonight, which will help the transfers to adhere.

I've been surprised how much more quickly I can paint the legionaries, relative to the command figures.  It's easy to get a production-line going with them.  They are lovely figures to paint.

I don't suppose anyone has a spare Foundry Praetorian standard bearer I could swap for,  please (for another project)?

6 comments:

Guidowg said...

These are coming along at 100mph and looking fantastic.
Sorry, I dont have the figure your after, otherwise I'd send it to you.

Cheers.

BigRedBat said...

Thanks.

I'm sure I'll find one... last time I asked I managed to get a swap together, but I find that I need a second one. I hope to be able to start some Praetorians, soon.

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

Your legions are shaping up very nicely!

Cheers
Christopher

BigRedBat said...

Thanks Christopher, I just got the transfers on, and hope to finish the painting today.

Gabriele Campbell said...

Makes me wonder what the Romans would have said to an army like this. They did have toy soldiers but probably not entire cohorts of them. :)

BigRedBat said...

Hi Gabriele, they'd have loved these chaps; all the same height, fully equipped and physically perfect. Just like Trajan's column!