Saturday 30 June 2012

More Romans WIP...


This is a unit I bought (poorly painted) on eBay, with a dozen additional figures primed and added.  They are going to be a Cohors Equitata, but not a standard auxilary unit... more anon.  Since the above photo they have had 2 more painting sessions and are now pretty well blocked in.

Before the game on 2/9, I have these and another similar cohort to paint and base.  I also have 2 painted cohorts of auxiliaries to retouch and base, two cohorts of Praetorians to add shield designs and base, and hopefully 42 more cavalry to finish/base if they come back from the painters, in time.   Lastly, I need to paint some command stands: busy, busy, busy!

8 comments:

Caliban said...

Hi Simon, your rate of production makes me want to cry. In a good way, of course...

BigRedBat said...

I've been crying, Paul, eye strain! You have been known to churn out a few minis, too...

DeanM said...

Happy to hear you're salvaging these guys. I still need a cav unit for my EIR army. Best, Dean

Willie Anderson said...

You seem to have a knack of finding these things on ebay and bringing them back to life!
Well done and thanks for the half year review of the troops!

BigRedBat said...

Thanks chaps! Simon

Silver Whistle said...

You are getting yourself a good size Roman collection. Look forward to seeing this unit completed.

Foss1066 said...

Big Red- been following your blog on my emails, and am now popping in to comment. Your Romans are fantastic, and I particularly loved your vignettes. Thanks for the inspiration!
Cheers
Thomas

BigRedBat said...

Thanks chaps! These minis have come on a long way since the photo, they should be finished (sans shields and basing) tomorrow night.

Foss, I will be painting 3 or 4 more command stands over the next 2 months, do please keep popping by!