Sunday 30 December 2012

Resolutions for 2013

Following my plans for 2013, posted yesterday, here are my resolutions:-
  • I shall complete, play test and publish (probably on-line) the Ancients rule set I’ve been developing
  • I shall finish my Ptolemaic phalanx for the game at Partizan; ten units of 48 phalangites, one of 48 agema and peltasts, and 3 dozen Cretan archers.  At the time of writing I do not have a single, complete unit, although I have around 120 figures painted.  To achieve this, within the timescale, I recognise that I will need to get a couple of hundred part-painted for me...   and also the cavalry and nellies
  • I’ll buy the parts and paint the cloth for a deeper wargames table, probably 160cm (4’8””), which is about the widest table that my lounge can take, whilst simultaneously accommodating half a dozen gamers with expanding waistlines
  • Finally, I’ll improve on my woeful record of local gaming, and get some decent games under my belt, at least one every other week
Plenty to be doing, especially the Ptolemaics! 

6 comments:

Caliban said...

That's quite a list, Simon, especially the Ptolemaics. Good luck!

Matt said...

Good luck with that list Simon, especially the mega-phalanx!

Not sure if I'll do gaming resolutions for next year, or just come up with a list of stuff that I'd like to do.

Enjoying the blog as always!

Cheers

Matt

Steve h said...

Good luck! I can't wait to see some pics is all those pikes!!

Dalauppror said...

Sounds like you have a plan Simon and it will be interesting to follow its conclusions at your blog during next year

Happy New Year !

Best regards Michael

BigRedBat said...

Thanks all! Just finished the first phalanx block, photos tomorrow.

Cheers, Simon

Silver Whistle said...

No pressure then.
Best wishes with the new rule set and a Happy New Year.
Pat.