Sunday 26 May 2013

500K!

I’m delighted to report that the counter on the front page of the BigRedBatCave ticked past half a million, last night.  Can I say a huge thank you to everyone who pops by and makes it worth my while posting!  It is a great pleasure to run the blog, and I have some ambitious plans for games and other ventures, during the rest of this year...

I’m minded to celebrate with a promotion, but WargamingGirl’s is still running, and I don’t want to clash with that; also I’m frantic in the run up to Raphia at Partizan on Sunday.  But I will do something in due course... please watch this space.


In the meanwhile, in the finest tradition of the BigRedBatCave, I shall celebrate by posting some minis that someone else has painted, far better than I ever could.  I bought these lovely Aventine Roman Allied cavalry from Redzed last year (as part of a small Republican Roman army), and gave them suitable shields and based them,  yesterday.  Luvverly!

22 comments:

Rodger said...

Congrats Simon! 500K is great achivement!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Simon! Half a million... now that is something to behold!

Sire Godefroy said...

Well done, mate!
Not wanting to spoil the party, but hopefully it's not down to the same countless spambots that kept plaguing my old blog. They cause quite a lot of unwanted traffic these days.

Anyway, please party on!

Cheers, SG
www.mountainsoflead.com

BigRedBat said...

Thanks chaps!

Hi SG, like you, I have a healthy degree of scepticism about the numbers, but what's a man to do? It's very hard to sort the wargamers out from the bots, and this is as good a round number as I'll see for another 3 years or so. :-)

Cheers, Simon

Paul´s Bods said...

Bots or no bots it´s an achievment!! Congrats!!

Paul´s Bods said...

an achievement (I looked out for the I before E thingy and then and went and forgot the other E..DOH!!)

Unknown said...

Congratulations Simon. Huge achievement indeed. And now I'm waiting for your draw;-P

TamsinP said...

Congrats on the 500k milestone Simon. It's well deserved.

As for a prize draw, well, the final draw from mine is tonight so don't let me stop you! :)

BigRedBat said...

Hi Tamsin, I want to let the dust settle, and sort out some nice prizes... and this week will be craaaazy!

fireymonkeyboy said...

Congratulations! The milestone's well-deserved, this blog is an inspiration.

FMB

War Minister Crittumbo said...

Conga Rats! Very nice cavalry too.

Willie Anderson said...

Well done Simon almost as many as the pikes you have!

Prufrock said...

Well done, Simon! Your figures, terrain, games and posts continue to be an inspiration to all of us who dabble in ancients. I hope you have a nice 500,000 year old wine to tuck into to celebrate the occasion.

Cheers, and here's to many hits more!
Aaron

legatus hedlius said...

Hola from sunny Bogota!

Well done on achieving such a milestone. Your blog continues to be very inspirational.

Michael Awdry said...

Very many congratulations a tremendous achievement - well done Sir.

John Lambshead said...

Yay, dancing Conga Rats.

BigRedBat said...

Thanks very much, all!

Aaron, I'll have those rules for you, soon...

Hola indeed, Legatus!

Cheers, Simon

Hetairoi said...

Congrats Simon! Let the celebration games begin!

Hobbyworker said...

Congrats 500K is most impressive :)

Millsy said...

Well done mate. 500K is a massive achievement and bots or not you should be proud.

Dalauppror said...

Congratulation !!!

500000 !!! Impressive !

Best regards Michael

Phil said...

Congrats for the 500k...and for these wonderful Etruscans!!